Veneers are thin shells of ceramic or resin that are bonded directly to the front surface of your teeth. They are an ideal choice for improving your your smile. Porcelain veneers resist stains better than resin veneers and better mimic the light reflecting properties of natural teeth. Resin veneers are thinner and require removal of less than the tooth surface before placement.
Veneers offer several advantages:
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant.
- The color of a porcelain veneer can cover dark teeth making them appear whiter.
- Veneers are a conservative approach to change a tooth’s color and shape.
- Veneers can mask teeth that are discolored.
- Veneers can reshape teeth that are chipped or broken.
- Veneers can be made to correct for teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped.
- Veneers can close gaps between teeth.